Explo Systems, Inc. - Environmental Policy Statement (ver batim)
It is Explo Systems' policy to conduct our business in a manner that is consistent with our environmental responsibilities inherent in the importation of explosives. Our obligations extend to our employees, our customers and transporters and to the communities that would be affected by environmental events related to the importation of explosives. Explo Systems is committed to continuously improve our performance in this environmental arena as well as our commitments to those who rely on us for their livelihood and service. For the importation of explosives, it is Explo Systems' policy to:
- Fully and completely comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and apply responsible standards where laws or regulations do not exist;
- Exhibit respect for the environment and instill in every employee involved in the importation of explosives an awareness of their responsibility for environmental performance by following all directives, procedures, practices and training;
- Foster ongoing dialogue with government and industry groups to develop effective environmental laws and regulations based on sound science and considering risks, costs and benefits and effects on energy and product supply;
- Manage the importation of explosives with the goal of preventing incidents and controlling emissions and wastes;
- Respond quickly and effectively to incidents resulting from the importation of explosives by cooperating with industry organizations and authorized government agencies; and
- Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of our directives, policies, practices and procedures surrounding the importation of explosives to measure progress and to ensure compliance with this policy.
We, the owners and managers of Explo Systems, Inc. support and enforce the tenets framed by this policy. And, promise to continue to do so as evidenced by our signatures below.
David A. Smith, PE
Ferris Callihan, PE
Director Support Technology